About Well Made Here
Bien fait ici / Well Made Here is a federally chartered non-profit organization collectively owned by its founding banners and professional associations.
Our commitment : Quality housing, from the cellar to the attic
Our raison d’être is to encourage the purchase of quality residential hardware products and building materials manufactured in Canada.
Our vision for the first years is to strengthen the value chain between manufacturers, banners, and their network of hardware stores and home improvement centres to better serve consumers and construction contractors.
More specifically, Well Made Here seeks to address five issues:
- For the consumers: To help them find information on quality products made locally, where to buy them, who to turn to for their repair or construction work, and how to access promotional offers.
- For the certified contractors: To enhance their offering, in conjunction with retailers, through the purchase of local, quality products.
- For the retailers: To position themselves as choice destinations for customers keen to buy qualified products and certified.
- For the banners: To have their image and networks associated with the growing movement in favour of buying local, quality products and services.
- For the manufacturers: To stand out from imported and low added-value products through the provision of technical information and promotions for DIYers and contractors.
Board of Directors Well Made Here / Bien fait ici
- Richard Darveau, CEO, Quebec Hardware and Building Materials Association (AQMAT)
Vice president and Consumers representative
- To be filled
Secretary and Retailers representative
- Olivier Gagnon, Director, Retail , La Coop Comax
Treasurer and Suppliers representative
- Paul Faulkner, Sales and Marketing Manager, Dural
Directors, Buying groups
- Pascal Houle, Chief of operations, BMR Group
- Ken Jenkins, president & CEO, Castle Building Centers Group
- Kevin Macnab, president & CEO, Home Hardware Stores
- Sylvain Prud’homme, president & CEO, Lowes’ Canada
- Denis Morin, president, Patrick Morin Group
- Bernie Owens, President and CEO, TimberMart
Directors, Professionnal associations et corporations
- Luc Bélanger, CEO, Association des professionnels de la construction et de l’habitation du Québec (APCHQ)
- Sam Moncada, CEO, Canadian Hardware & Housewares Manufacturers Association (CHHMA)